Today, I tackled one of the flower beds. I dug up all the old stuff, moved a few things, added a few things, and had so much fun digging in the dirt. :)

I needed some miracle grow to help the plants I was moving get a good start, so this mommy, her littles, and one very special all-grown-up daughter loaded into the car, and we all traipsed to Home Depot for that one thing I needed. Maggie was sitting in the cart as we buggied through the yard items. We found a plant we just 'had' to have, then another, and... finally, Maggie looked at Toni and said "There is room for one more right here." We found one more. :) We loaded our new plants into the car and headed home. While I worked, the girls enjoyed playing with some of the neighbors (boys, by the way. Yikes!) Maggie helped me plant our new flowers.

Maggie was such a help. She pulled leaves off the new shrubs, picked the blooms off the pansies that were already growing in the flower bed, and were just beginning to look as if they liked it there, by the way... I never did manage to convince her that the dirt belonged in the flower bed instead of on the front porch. Thanks to all of Maggie's help, it only took about twice as long to clean up as it should have.

Yeah, it was a good day. A very, very good day. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment