Going in, Maggie was excited to be going back to see "Dr Ear" because he was going to fix her ears and help her hear better.
the excitement began to fade a little when she got to put on the new jammies, but hey, Mom told her she could play with the Nook, so it was still pretty cool.
A nice lady came in and let Maggie choose the scent she wanted to test out and smell when she got to go back with Dr. Ear.
and by the time it was over, the child just worked to give us a smile...
When they lightened the anesthesia, Maggie decided she was ready to be awake, none of that drifting back off for my little girl. The nurse in recovery told me that once she came back, she fought to stay back. That's my girl....
They did let me go back with Maggie until she was asleep. I thought that might comfort her little heart. Turned out, she was fine. It did comfort mommy's heart. :) After surgery, mom was her favorite person ---for a few minutes anyway. We got this child home, and she seemed to think she was feeling better and was ready to be her usual active self. We convinced her to keep the rowdy down to a minimum, and by bedtime, she was acting as if she might have had a stressful day. My baby is peacefully sleeping in my room tonight, and she was quite happy to know that daddy had given up his spot for her... So, all is well in our world. Maggie has tubes in her ears and had her adenoids taken down. She can already hear better.
I expect her speech will improve significantly and quickly. But now that it's done, I realize I'm going to miss some of her sweet little Maggisms. Like --
"Mom, can I have some lotion, I have cheetos on my legs" Mosquito bites..
and "hey there kitty pie" (I call her cutey pie).
Yawn. This mom is almost as tired as my girl. The Lord has certainly seen us through another day. I'm thankful.
Friday, June 29, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment