Friday, June 17, 2011

in progress

I was hoping to have the house in order, everything unpacked, and everything put away by the end of today. After completing that, I was going to show you some "Better Homes and Gardens" type photos of the new place. So much for planning. I keep getting to a point that I feel is close to being unpacked and then we find something that has to be done instead. Tonight we painted a certain little girl's room purple. :) So, these aren't the 'done' photos. These are the 'in progress' photos. as with all good planners, I plan to have this place put together and ready for some photos tomorrow. We'll see how that goes...Maggie's room. She chose the owl decals herself. Granny Ann would have been so proud. :)The previous owners left this decal in Maggie's room. We thought it was fitting, so we left it... It can't be read well here in the photo. "Angels danced the day you were born." Yeah. I like that.

The 3 Amigos helped paint the purple room. Maggie had more paint on her person within 1 minute of beginning than I thought was humanly possible. (and would someone PLEASE tell Halli to quit getting so all grown up? Where she learned to pose, I'll never know).

this last photo is what I consider to be a design flaw in my new home. We're hoping that fixture has lifetime light bulbs, cause once they burn out, we are NOT going to change them.... how many people does it take to change a light bulb? :D

2 comments:

debra said...

Love the owls, i thought of your mom before i read what you wrote. I think she would be very proud...of the owls and of you!

Martha said...

Light bulb changing just takes one person...and one scaffold :)