

Dad recently received a diagnosis that let us know he wouldn't be with us for a huge amount of time. After discussion with my siblings, we made the decision to move dad into my home. When we went to pick dad up at the nursing home, we were met with him sitting in the common area waiting for us. (He seldom sat in the common area). The nurses told us he wouldn't even go to lunch because "he didn't want to miss his ride." We moved dad into my house and had a full day and 1/2 of "daddy." I thank the Lord for those days. Daddy began a swift decline, and we are now watching his vitals while he sleeps the sleep of one trying to pass from this life to the next. This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the man who raised me, for the family who loves him, and for the little girls who bring joy to a time of sorrow and a touch of normalcy to some pretty surreal days.
4 comments:
I won't pretend to know all that you are feeling right now. Know that we love you and are praying for God to meet all your needs.
...and I'm thankful for a daughter who will bring her daddy home and let him pass surrounded by peace, love, family, and dignity. So glad he didn't 'miss his ride'.
I'm also thankful you're my friend.
& Kim, we're so thankful that you were given the gift of even just a couple days with your daddy.
We're holding you and your entire family in our thoughts and prayers.
Praying that God will cradle your hurting heart!!!
Post a Comment