Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Perspective


So, Natalie has this pink fuzzy coat. She loves it. I mean, she really, really loves that coat! She went to breakfast at school the other day and managed to spill gravy all over her precious coat. A friend, who is also a teacher at the school, tried to help Natalie with the mess. As they cleaned Natalie up, she said, "Oh, Natalie, it's on your coat too." Natalie cried. And cried. And cried. My friend looked at Natalie and asked "What would your mom say if we called her?" Natalie replied "To be big." Okay, so then lets be big and fix this!! I got a text from the teacher asking if Natalie's coat was washable. I replied that it was, but I would just bring another jacket to school. The reply I received was that, no, this problem was under control. They washed my girl's coat at school!! Natalie's teacher loaned Natalie a jacket for the playground, and by mid morning, she had her coat back. When I picked Natalie up, she was beaming in her clean fuzzy coat. Small-town America. Living in a small community has it's drawbacks, but it also has some pretty good aspects when you think about it.

1 comment:

Jill and Rick said...

Oh Kim, that is the sweetest story!! 'Bout made me cry! (Allie had a favorite coat from last year - light blue quilted coat that was a bit big last year so she can still wear it now. She truly loves that coat too, so I can completely understand.)

& Natalie, I can see why you love your coat - it's beautiful!

Jill